Format of table for quote feed "Table on web site"

I have a security that I want to use the „Table on web site“ option in order to load Historical Quote information however, PP does not seem to pick up the table?

The Feed URL is a regular HTML page (loads fine in a web browser!) with markup like this:

<h1>Vanguard LifeStrategy 80% Equity Fund A Acc</h1>
        <h3>ISIN: GB00B4PQW151</h3>

<table class="pure-table pure-table-striped">
            <thead>
            <tr>
                <th>Date</th>
                <th>Day's High</th>
                <th>Day's Low</th>
                <th>Quote</th>
                <th>Volume</th>
            </tr>
            </thead>

<tbody>
                <tr>
                    <td>21 Feb 2020</td>
                    <td>0</td>
                    <td>0</td>
                    <td>223.5657</td>
                    <td>0</td>
                </tr>
                <tr>
                    <td>20 Feb 2020</td>
                    <td>0</td>
                    <td>0</td>
                    <td>225.4746</td>
                    <td>0</td>
                </tr>
                <tr>
                    <td>19 Feb 2020</td>
                    <td>0</td>
                    <td>0</td>
                    <td>225.3008</td>
                    <td>0</td>
                </tr>
            </tbody>
        </table>

Do I need to change the structure of my HTML page in order for PP to parse the tabulated data correctly?

The HTML table is parsing st least the following keywords:

• Date: "Datum.*", "Date.*"*
  • Closing: "Schluss.*", "Schluß.*", "Rücknahmepreis.*", "Close.*", "Zuletzt", "Price", "akt. Kurs"

If you rename Quote to Close should solve your problem.

Br
Marco

1 Like

I tried renaming to Quote to Close but that didn’t seem to work. I also tried renaming Quote to Price but no luck there either :frowning:

The date format is may not fitting to a valid format:

DateTimeFormatter.ofPattern("d.M.yy"), //$NON-NLS-1$
                            DateTimeFormatter.ofPattern("d.M.y"), //$NON-NLS-1$
                            DateTimeFormatter.ofPattern("d. MMM y"), //$NON-NLS-1$
                            DateTimeFormatter.ofPattern("d. MMMM y"), //$NON-NLS-1$
                            DateTimeFormatter.ofPattern("d. MMM. y"), //$NON-NLS-1$
                            DateTimeFormatter.ofPattern("MMM d, y", Locale.ENGLISH), //$NON-NLS-1$
                            DateTimeFormatter.ofPattern("MMM dd, y", Locale.ENGLISH), //$NON-NLS-1$
                            DateTimeFormatter.ofPattern("EEEE, MMMM dd, yEEE, MMM dd, y", Locale.ENGLISH) //$NON-NLS-1$
1 Like

I think that was the final step because I got it working! Thank you very much @Ragas!! :smile:

So what did I need to change?

1. Rename Quote to Price
  2. I changed the date format so that it appears like „Feb 21, 2020“ (bearing in mind the prices webpage on my home server is genereated using a .NET Core application and the .NET DateTime format strings are slightly different to those in Java I believe).
    So for example, in my C# code, instead of using MMM dd, y, I used MMM dd, yyyy

Dieses Thema wurde automatisch 30 Tage nach der letzten Antwort geschlossen. Es sind keine neuen Nachrichten mehr erlaubt.