Wrong unit cost displayed

Hello guys,

I was wondering how the purchase unit cost is calculated ? As it doesn’t seems right on my PP. For example I bought 10 shares of NRGV (btw big mistake :sweat_smile: ) with a unit cost of USD 20.30.

However, in the PP it shows a unit cost of USD 18.77.

How PP calculate this? Obviously all the other securities I bought display a different price unit cost than my broker.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hey @zaros,

please check your selected time period. I suppose the buy date of the shares is not in this time frame.
Chose a time period where the purchase date is included and you will get the real unit costs.

If the purchase date is not in the selected time frame, PP calculates the unit costs in this time frame by using the historical price of the first date in this time frame and displays the unit costs of the shares for this time frame. So in other words they are the “entry costs” for all performance calculations in this time frame.

You can observe this behavior by selecting different small time periods (some days or weeks) and you will see the unit cost changes.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Hello OnkelDok,

Thanks for your reply.

That’s what I did, I selected a period of time of 10 years. Although I started investing 2 year ago.

2 years, 3 years or 10 years, the unit price is always the same USD 18.77. Same for the other securities.

Any other idea what’s the issue could be here ?

Thank you :slight_smile:

No, it shows 18.77 in whatever your reporting currency is (probably not USD, though you could change it to be).

1 Like