java.lang.NullPointerException on Mac OS Big Sur

Thanks. The stack trace contains suspicious SWT stack elements. I will open a bug with the eclipse project. You are using the latest PP version, right?

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.internal_new_GC(Control.java:2180)
	at org.eclipse.swt.graphics.GC.<init>(GC.java:177)
	at org.eclipse.swt.graphics.GC.<init>(GC.java:138)
	at org.eclipse.swt.custom.CTabFolder.updateTabHeight(CTabFolder.java:3810)

@AndreasB the file doesn’t exit on my system.
(Dir exists - just not the file)

Yes I use the last version of PP. I havent found the log if the dir you mentioned to. I had to use the bug report Windows to copy/paste the log.

It is a hidden file (starting with a dot).

Anyway, if you can still start PP, then go to the Help menu → Save error log as …

log

I have made a copy of my log. Tell me if you need more info/help.

Ah - yes.
Always exactly the same error as @Jeremy_VITAL

ENTRY org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench 4 0 2020-06-25 21:28:10.645
!MESSAGE 
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.internal_new_GC(Control.java:2180)
	at org.eclipse.swt.graphics.GC.<init>(GC.java:177)
	at org.eclipse.swt.graphics.GC.<init>(GC.java:138)
	at org.eclipse.swt.custom.CTabFolder.updateTabHeight(CTabFolder.java:3810)
	at org.eclipse.swt.custom.CTabFolder.runUpdate(CTabFolder.java:3843)
	at org.eclipse.swt.custom.CTabFolder.lambda$3(CTabFolder.java:3833)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:40)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:185)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:4068)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3735)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$5.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1173)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:339)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1062)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:156)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.E4Application.start(E4Application.java:165)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:199)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:137)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:107)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:391)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:246)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:659)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:595)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1501)

And yes, i’m on the latest version.

@Jeremy_VITAL @Gonz_o

Can one of you do me the favor and test this build on macOS Big Sur:
https://github.com/buchen/portfolio/releases/download/0.46.5/PortfolioPerformance-0.46.6-SNAPSHOT.dmg

It is identical to the current version, but I have updated to the latest SWT libraries (hoping to get rid of the NPE).

If it works, I need more time to deliver this. It has implications for other builds - in particular that 32bit is not supported anymore on Windows and Linux.

Works for me :+1:
Thank you

Out of curiosity, would that be 0.12.0 (latest release on GitHub) or 0.7.0 (latest release according to website)?

I am not sure where you get theses versions from - I am talking about Eclipse SWT. So far I was bundling version 3.108. For the build, I have update to version 3.114 (https://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops4/R-4.16-202006040540/)

Maybe you mean SWTChart? I have not updated SWTChart, but I believe I still use version 0.10 (which is the last version before it was moved to the Eclipse Foundation). I plan to update, but there are incompatible API changes (for which I have already have a patch but which does not cover all yet).

Ah yes, I meant SWTChart. Sorry for the confusion.

Is there a workaround to get v0.47.0 running on macOS Big Sur?

1 Like

Right now I’m using the version AndreasB posted a link for some answers above.

The problem is that my file was already opened under 0.47.0 and is therefore no longer compatible with the version AndreasB posted here (0.46.6).

1 Like

I have the same problem :grimacing:

The problem is that my file was already opened under 0.47.0 and is therefore no longer compatible with the version AndreasB posted here (0.46.6).

Is it possible to compile a 0.47.0 version with the same patch as you have done for 0.46.6 or does that need much effort? Would be very nice because yesterday released the public beta and i think many user a like me and installed it :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Can you give this a try: https://github.com/buchen/portfolio/releases/download/0.47.0/PortfolioPerformance-0.47.1-SNAPSHOT.dmg

2 Likes

Thanks for your quick editing. It works well but in short view I found two bugs.
if I use some filters, it will not refreshed. If i switch to a other task and back it shows correctly. You can only see the content of your first depot, accounts are working.
In classification menu it´s not possible to sort by drag and drop.
Maybe there are some more i find if i used it longer, but great work, it is useable again!!

Thanks a lot for tweaking and sharing that snapshop release. Works fine under macOS Big Sur. Only little issue I experienced so far is also the filter topic already mentioned by xact21.

2 Beiträge wurden in ein neues Thema verschoben: White areas of icons are displayed blaxk