Application hangs when editing transaction in-line

Application keeps hanging and must be force quit on MacOS Ventura 13.0.1. Latest application version 0.60.2.

It crashes when I try to edit some field in-line in the transaction lists for any account. I had it happen for the date and for the notes sections.

1 Like

I have the same issue. And it’s happening in all fields that can be edited in-line. But not always and I can’t exactly reproduce what triggers it.

Which version are you using, which Java Version, is there anything in the error log?

Version: 0.66.2 (Dec 2023)
Platform: macosx, aarch64
Java: 17.0.5+8-LTS, Azul Systems, Inc.

Nothing in the error log after a freeze. When I restart the app, I’m asked if I want to send an error report to Apple, but not sure if those details are interesting?

To reproduce; if I double click on a text field to edit, and only move the text cursor with arrow keys after that, it seems to go well. But if I start to use the touchpad to click somewhere else in the text field, It’s freezing often.

I have exactly the same issue. If you try to edit any field inline, by double clicking on the cell then typing some text you’ll end up crashing the app after some time - difficult to figure out the exact sequent to end up with a crash. I have an M2 Macbook Pro, Ventura 3.2.1
PP Version: 0.67.3 (Feb 2024)
Platform: macosx, aarch64
Java: 17.0.5+8-LTS, Azul Systems, Inc.

Question please.

Does this happen when:

• double click into the edit field and the pointer is somewhere else?

or

• single click to the editable field followed by a double click onto the same field?

Cheers

It’s when I double click into the field then try to edit it. It happens often but not all the time.

1 Like