CSV import of Portfolio Transaction does not work if ISIN is not unique

When there are two securiteies with same ISIN (e.g. one for Xetra and other for NYSE), then when you try to import a transaction with one of these Securities you get and error that ISIN exists multiple times in the list of securities.
CSV Import - error with ISIN

This could be solved perhaps when an another unique identifier is specified additionally in the csv file, such as the name (matching one of the two stocks with same ISIN), or a Ticker Symbol. Then there would be no doubt which of the two stocks with the same ISIN is being imported.

You are right. The code looks at other identifiers as well (Ticker, WKN, Name) but aborts the search when this “multiple markers” occurs. I’ll change that code.

With Version 0.44.1 PP will try to use WKN or Ticker instead.

1 Like

Hi AndreasB. Thanks for the implementation of the feature in the latest version. It’s working very well, when securities are already listed (i.e. created) inside the security list „All Securities“ :slight_smile:

However, oe more thing I noticed is that when I try to import a new Security from a CSV file, it is not able to create a new security if the ISIN already exists, even though WKN and Ticker Symbol is different from the one already existing in the Securities List.

for example this is my already existing Security (and is the only one with this ISIN)

this is the import window from a CSV file

and when I click next I get no new Security to import

I’m getting Ticker exists multiple times in the list of securities. Cash Account and Securities Account are set in both on the top of the second import screen and in the csv file.

• one dividend is for a security that was bought and since sold
  • multiple dividends for security bought and sold and rebought

Any way to get a match on securities held prior to the ex-dividend date?

What I do not understand: why don’t you have just one security? It shouldn’t matter that you liquidated the whole position and then later bought more shares.

Anyway: PP has a very simple logic. When importing data from CSV, I tries to match the information to the existing securities configured in the file. If the identifier (ISIN, WKN, ticker) points to two securities, then PP does not know which one to use and fails. That might not be the most intelligent strategy but it is then implemented. PP could allow the user to select the security in the dialog after parsing the CSV file. I never came around to implementing it, so if you want to give it a go, then I can point you to the place in the code

I am also getting “Ticker exists multiple times in the list of securities” but I don’t understand why since the security only exists once and the ISIN or WKN are not sahred with any other security. My only guess is that PP is getting confused with a temporary security name due to some restructuring of the stock (SQM vs. SQM.R). Is this the case? Could this be patched?

BTW, I tried disabling SQM.R but it didn’t help.

Thank you!

Ahh, I have one security but the PP file has multiple accounts holding that security. As you say, when importing PDF Bank Documents, PP doesn’t know which account to use. I suppose it could get Acc No and/or Acc Name (following line) from the pdf if it was linked as a field in the Securities Account:

https://github.com/buchen/portfolio/blob/master/name.abuchen.portfolio.tests/src/name/abuchen/portfolio/datatransfer/pdf/selfwealth/SelfWealthBuy01.txt#L8-L9

I’ll investigate issue when I buy (or sell?) ticker code UMAX and it is recorded as UMAX.AX for Quote Feed Provider.

Yes, I think I need to but I haven’t managed to set up a development environment. Is it possible to do a compile for windows with a GitHub workflow action?

and