Currency management

In the same bank where I transact I have a dollar account and a euro account. I keep the dollars in my dollar account. Can I create a dollar account for the same bank where I have a euro account also?
Since my reference currency is euro it seems I cannot create a dollar account in the system, is this correct or can I by a way or another keep my dollars in teh dollar account?

The reporting currency is the default for a new account, but you can change it to any currency you like.

you can add an account and change currency to USD - no problem at all. Only caveat: switching currency is only possible as long as there are no transactions in the account, yet.

When importing PDFs as far as I know they always only link to reference account of the securities account. Therefore you would have to manually switch the account to USD account from your standard EUR account for those transactions.

Thank
I tried to change the currency but did not succeed through direct input. By clicking on the currency the scrolling list appeared and I could change.
Thanks again

Thank you

I tried to change the currency but did not succeed through direct input. By clicking on the currency the scrolling list appeared and I could change.
Thanks again

I am an idiot. Instead of searching for this post to solve my problem (when I started I thought the currency was fixed for the whole portfolio), I created two separate portfolios for EUR (main) and USD (employer’s ESPP).

Can I merge those two portfolios into one without having to manually enter all the transactions from the ESPP again?

You can export the transactions, then import into the other file. It can be a bit difficult to get the CSV format right, though.

1 Like

Thank you. I tried that several times, but gave up in the end and entered the transactions from the smaller portfolio manually in the other one (and left out some obsolete stuff in the process). I am all good now, thanks!