Default quote source

There does not seem to be a default online quote source (besides MANUAL) :neutral_face:It is easy enough to edit the XML (MANUAL->YAHOO) but it seems like handy little feature that non-programmers would really appreciate.
I am looking for something (very) simple yet worthwhile as a first contribution.

It would be a good idea to use the last used online source as a default for a new one

If investment vehicles are created via the “search on Yahoo”, the default online quote source is indeed Yahoo. Otherwise it is manual.

But it is a good point: if the Yahoo provider ignores securities without ticker symbol, there should be no harm in changing the default.

An additional question related, I could not really find about:

Is there a way to select all my equites and bulk change the online update provider? Or do I have to do manually via a text editor?

No other way than editing the XML directly.

1 Like

Would be great to get a bulk edit or mark the items with no quote setting with something like “none” in the xml because if I import a lot of new transactions or new securities, the tag for this is not in the xml by default and so I can’t bulk replace.