Doing operations on JSON parsed data from Funds360 on Google Sheet

Hello,

I’m using a function in App Script that scraps quotes from Funds360 and puts it into a Google Sheet.

But the type of quote I get is a string. I need this to be a number so I can make an operation on it because the quote does not take into account the subscription fee of the security.

I tried to do this on Google Sheet directly but can’t manage (I tried VALUE, REGEXREPLACE and TO_PURE_NUMBER in vain).

I wanted to know if there is any possibility to make that operation (which is a simple multiplication) directly in PP in the quote path since PP seems to read the string as a number this time.

I’m unable to modify the function since I did not create it myself but here it is in case (thanks to zeroz and jakwarrior from hardware.fr) :

function immorente() {
  var nom_fonds = "immorente";
  var baseurl = "https://funds360.fefundinfo.com";
  var period = "all";
  var post_url = baseurl + "/opcvm/graphiques/" + nom_fonds + "/quote/period/" + period + "/isSimple/1";
  var headers = {"X-Requested-With": "XMLHttpRequest"};
  var options = {"method": "post", "headers": headers, "followRedirects": false, "muteHttpExceptions": true};
  var response = UrlFetchApp.fetch(post_url, options);
  var html = response.getContentText();
  var searchstring_start = "\"dataProvider\":";
  var debut = html.search(searchstring_start);
  var searchstring_end = ",\"fieldMappings\"";
  var fin = html.search(searchstring_end);
  var liste = "";
  if (debut >= 0) {
    var pos = debut + searchstring_start.length + 1;
    liste = html.substring(pos, fin);
  }

liste = '[' + liste
  var dataAll = JSON.parse(liste);

return dataAll;
}

Thanks for you help

Hi!
I am not familiar with Google Sheets but in Excel I often face a similar problem to convert something to a number.
I then fill a cell with the number 1, copy it and then use the “paste special” function. Select all cells with the stubborn content and “paste special → multiply”.

More often than not that solves the problem.
Regards
Stefan

Thanks, but it doesn’t work in this case.

I think I tried all methods for Google Sheet. I assume I should do something in the function itself or in PP if possible but don’t know where to look at.

What exactly does the string look like?

This line looks incomplete. It should end with a ;, and probably look like liste = '[' + liste + ']';.

Well, the script is working and I get values as decimals. Did you try to change the language settings in the Google sheets settings? I use the German one.

What exactly does the string look like?

Capture d’écran 2023-03-15 235240

This line looks incomplete. It should end with a ; , and probably look like liste = '[' + liste + ']'; .

Tried it but the function doesn’t work anymore in this case…

Did you try to change the language settings in the Google sheets settings?

Capture d’écran 2023-03-15 235547

Did it, seems to be working, just need to trick the formula (had to divide by 1000000) but I think it’s gonna work like that, I will check tomorrow if it all goes good in PP ! Thank you

Any tricks to extend this formula automatically to the bottom (in case some lines are being added) instead of pulling it the classic way ? Thanks

Double-Click on the blue dot ??

Double-Click on the blue dot ??

Thanks !

1 Like