Fill in securities info (name, taxonomies) automatically

Hi,

I apologise if my question has been covered already but I couldn’t find anything related in the forum.

I’d like to know if it is possible to update the information about a security automatically, i.e. pull the name, taxonomies (like country and sector), etc. from an online provider. This information could also be added to Portfolio Report and retrieved from there afterwards.

I haven’t found a way to do this. However, it should be easy to get this information online using a ticker symbol without any manual intervention. In cases where the stock ticker is not found or ambiguous, the user could be given a list of candidate symbols to choose from. Also, there could be an option to override/preserve existing values if the user has already completed some of the information while filling in the one that’s missing.

Finally, it would be desirable to allow bulk updates too, i.e. select many securities and update them at the same time.

Thanks!

This feature does not exist.

There was a try dir a feature like that. But the problem is that there is no cheap API which delivers the data.

That is already in progress.

1 Like

There was a try dir a feature like that. But the problem is that there is no cheap API which delivers the data.

Why not use Yahoo! Finance? It has all this information and more. Yfinance for Python does exactly that: