Hi, how to perform an automatic trading data upload from the broker Freedom Finance (platform Freedom24) https://freedomfinance.eu/, https://ffgermany.de/. It provides data in four formats: .pdf, .json, .xls, and .xlm. But I am unable to upload any of the submitted files to PP. Please help, maybe it would be possible to create an automatic .xlm upload, as in the case of Interactive Brokers?
the import of data from pdf document does not work out of the box for every file. The parser in PP for those documents needs to be programmed by the clever programmers in this forum. In order for those volunteers to help you out it is necessary to assist them by providing such documents. As they need the text content of such PDFs they require you to convert the PDFs to text. How that works is described in this thread (I only did find this German version).
At the end of the initial post there is a link to a tutorial âTutorial zum Extrahieren von Text aus PDFâ for extracting text from a pdf. In the post itself it is mentioned how to embed the text in a PP forum post.
I created a PowerShell script to convert Excel (XLSX) file into CSV format.
You will need extra PowerShell module âImportExcelâ free from GIT. You will not need Excel to work with the file. Use this command to install it
âInstall-Module -Name ImportExcelâ.
More details here https://github.com/dfinke/ImportExcel
(one-time) install ImportExcel module to PowerShell Install-Module -Name ImportExcel
download Excel file from Freedom24 (Member area - Reports - Broker report).
run âF24_convert_run.batâ
choose XLSX file
script will convert the Excel file to CSV and output updated CSV
import CSV file into PP. Program will load all the columns correctly. It should not need any changes. You need âF24 EURâ / âF24 USDâ deposit account and âF24 EURâ / âF24 USDâ in securities accounts (otherwise you will have to edit the script) in PP
just for your information, I also recently wanted to import from freedom24 so I created a first version for a JSON importer.
I created the pull request at github, see
Everything should be described there. So far nothing tax related was included in my files and I also did not have any sample data for dividends, options, futures or so.
In case anyone has a rich amount of transations, you could get in contact with me, so we could add support for it quite easily based on the single day extracts containing those transations and making them anonymous before sharing.
This is a great workaround! Using a PowerShell script to bridge the gap to CSV definitely seems like the most reliable way to handle those XLSX exports for now. Itâs a lot easier than manually reformatting everything or waiting for a native parser. Thanks for sharing the setup steps - getting those deposit accounts named correctly is a solid tip to keep things running smoothly!
Here is script update. There was a minor bug with the sell transaction (fee not handled correctly). Also, now it can import dividends. I have 100 % same result in PP now.
In case you have multiple account IDs at freedom, then it does not, yet. Since I do not have that and thus I am not able to test without sample files. In case these are provided , I can try to implement it.
Br, chefkoch
Btw: looking at the pull request code, I am thinking again whether it is good to support all the languages freedom supports in their UI or whether I should keep it simple between 1 or 3 languages.
I have 2 accounts. So later I can probably provide some data.
There are multiple scenarios. My script requires 1 security account and 1 deposit account for each currency, eg.
F24 EUR security and F24 EUR deposit
F24 USD security and F24 USD deposit
Security account to trade EUR or USD stocks, deposit account for currency.
It is a âsumâ, so you can basically trade USD stocks on EUR account. That looks like reasonable solution. I just work with currency.
I have it separate, USD account with USD money for US stocks, EUR account with euros for EU stocks.
But with 2 accounts on F24 there are multiple options.
F24 US account (EUR and USD security account 1 and 2) with USD or EUR money (deposit account 1 and 2)
F24 EU account (EUR and USD security 3 and 4) account with USD or EUR money (deposit account 3 and 4)
That would be quite difficult to deal with all that separately
US account has fees in USD. EU account has fees in EUR.
My script uses gets the security account with prefix F24 + currency so I was wondering how JSON imports finds the correct account because I have different brokers.
Broker A - USD
Broker A - EUR
Broker B - USD
Broker B - EUR
F24 - USD
F24 - EUR
with my CSV import I have script to tell that it is BrokerX + currency. Easy to import anything