Huge spike in Statement of Assets Chart

Hi all,

I’m brand new to Portfolio Performance here, just trying to get all my historical data imported via CSV.

For the moment, I’ve only done a single deposit account & its associated securities account. After a bit of fiddling, I got all the buys & sells imported such that the current securities holdings & market value match what’s shown at my brokerage. So far so good.

However, when I view the Statement of Assets chart, there’s a huge spike lasting a period of a few months in 2012 (I certainly didn’t make & lose several million dollars during that period ;)). If I view the transactions though, there doesn’t appear to be anything funky during that period (i.e. no huge buys or sells, the balance never shows anything ridiculous). I figured this might be some bad historical stock price data so I went to Reports/Performances/Securities & flipped through each of them, viewing the 10year chart - but I don’t see any huge spikes there that would explain the apparent huge spike in my assets.

So my question: how can I go about debugging what’s causing this?

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

You can view the statement of assets for a specific date in the past. Use the calendar leaf icon at the top for that. This way, you should be able to find out which security is the culprit and investigate further.

Perfect, that led me to the answer! One of the symbols appears not to exist any more, so I guess Yahoo Finance was incorrectly pulling values for something else. Will have to start digging around for a way to get the actual historical values.

Thanks again! :slight_smile: