Import from StockMarketEye

Hello,

I wonder if somebody already tried to import data into PP from StockMarketEye? Any tips? I tried CSV import but results were not very good unfortunately.

Thanks.

I’m importing it now and it’s working. data needs a bit of wrangling in excel. renaming some transactions etc.

1 Like

Have you perhaps got a template for importing transactions from Stock Market Eye?

As you may know, Stock Market Eye is ceasing on 26th September, and there are lots of people who would be interested.

1 Like

I am in the same boat here. Looking for a new portfolio tracker after the demise of SME. I do not want to have add all historical transactions manually. I may decide that Portfolio Performance isn’t for me either after all of that so a CSV transaction import would be epic.

Are you able to share the format of the csv files you imported please?

I’ve written a guide. I’m just trying to work out where to upload it.

1 Like

guide here:

1 Like

Isn’t this just the Import CSV file How-To?

Ah nice one thank you! Let me take a look at this.

This looks good, I will give it a go shortly. What I am also struggling with is getting similar views to those available in SME. Visualising all portfolios total performance, even things like viewing holdings within a portfolio and the percentage gain/loss on each holding doesn’t seem possible.

What have you discovered with regards to this?

Cheers

It is, keep working through PP. You’ll need a filter for different holdings.

What I miss most from SME is the possibility of having the streaming % performance or the trading day % of my portfolios in the table view equivalent which is the staement of assets in PP. You have to go Performance tab in PP to find it. I wish they would add this. Also in a portfolio of stocks that contains different currency stock, when you look at the transaction history of a stock, it will show quote at the currency base of your portfolio and not the price in the currency you purchased the stock at