Import Transfer Inbound via CSV

I am trying to import Transfer (inbound) via CSV. I have the securities in “SparNord Invest 2008-2013” securities account and try to import them to a new securities account. I am doing it from the deposit account connected to the new securities account.

However, it does not fill in shares and the security. Is it not possible to import the transfers via CSV?

15/05/2013 Transfer (Inbound) DK0060019552 1.453,00 100,00 Emerging Markets Akk SparNord Invest 2008-2013
15/05/2013 Transfer (Inbound) DK0010079631 300,00 100,00 Sparinvest Value SparNord Invest 2008-2013
15/05/2013 Transfer (Inbound) DK0060012037 842,00 100,00 Emerging Markets lokalvaluta SparNord Invest 2008-2013
15/05/2013 Transfer (Inbound) DK0060053734 310,00 100,00 New Emerging SparNord Invest 2008-2013

I think you need to choose the correct import type. Deposit bookings vs security bookings

1 Like

The GUI allows a Security Transfer from one Security Account to another.

I’d expect the equivalent would be import csv Type of data: Portfolio Transactions with a Transfer (Inbound) to a Securities Account from an Offset securities account, but it requires a Value.

How is a portfolio transferred between brokers with csv?

@flywire Hi, You can use the File > Export menu to create the deposit and securities CSV from Broker-A. This will give you two csv-files. Then, you can import these with File > Import. Use Account Transactions as Type of and import first the security transaction CSV and then the deposit transaction CSV. Ignore the errors for the Buy/Sell because the are already created in the first step.

I have documented it in more detail at: Transfer | hugsch

1 Like

@husch Transfering securities from one broker to another must not affect broker deposit accounts, only the security accounts.

1. View, Statement of Assets, Filter by Security Account, Portfolio Time Machine to required date, Export Data as CSV
  2. Add columns: Date, Type - Transfer(Inbound)
  3. If the Securities Account to transfer to doesn’t exist then create it
  4. File, Import, CSV files
  5. Type of Data: Portfolio Transactions, Map: Date, Shares, Symbol → Ticker Symbol, Market Value → Value, Note, Type
  6. Cash Account (doesn’t matter), Securities Account → From, Transfer to → To
  7. Finish

The screenshot below has the CSV Data exported from the Kommer Sample Securities. It would be really useful if it allowed the date to be set like the GUI, with security values retrieved for the date:

Transfer in GUI (To Securities Account must exist):

Note the Bug, From and To is a Securities Account not a Deposit Account as shown in the GUI.

Actually, it’s not supported at all to transfer the security from one account to another one via CSV file. This feature is UI-driven only.

1 Like

…but for numerous securities with manual fiddling Import Transfer Inbound via CSV - #5 by flywire gives the same result.