"Inbound delivery" does not appear in "Earnings & Expenses"

Hi,

Thanks for PP , i try to use it but he take me a lot of time for learn (No french translation :frowning: )

I have a problem : I have 1 ETF who distributing 2 times by years (like dividends) but, he add somes shares (no dividend in the wallet)

So, i create 1 Inbound delivery with the good amount of share but when i go to the Earnings section i don’t see the amount in dividend.

So , after that, i try to add „Dividend“ : i see the amount in „Earnings“ section, but my ETF didn’t have the good amount of share

How fo you do for this kind of things?

Thanks for your answers

Chris

Halo starr974,

Comme je comprends votre problĂšme, au lieu de dividendes, vous obtenez des actions dans votre portefeuille.

En PP, cela se traduit par un paiement de dividende et un achat ultérieur.
[traduit de l’allemand au français via Deepl. com]

Hello starr974,

As I understand your problem, instead of dividends you get shares into your portfolio.

In PP, this is reflected in a dividend payment and a subsequent purchase.

Hi Harry,

Thanks a lot for your answer, i understand now.

I will do as you said :slight_smile:

Edit : so, when i need to use „Outbound delivery and Inbound delivery“?

Edit2 : And for the tax, they take share too : How i need to do? do i need to sell or i need to use „Outbound delivery“?

Thanks for your help

Hallo starr974,

Outbound delivery et inbound delivery sont respectivement Ă  une vente ou Ă  un achat.
La diffĂ©rence est qu’avec la livraison sortante ou la livraison entrante, la transaction ne passe pas par le compte.

Dans les deux cas, la livraison sortante ou la vente est soumise aux taxes dues pour la transaction, les mĂȘmes que pour les frais.

En général, vous recevez des dividendes, pour lesquels vous payez des taxes. Pour le reste, votre courtier achÚte automatiquement de nouvelles actions.
Pour vous, cela signifie que vous comptabilisez les dividendes (vous comptabilisez Ă©galement les taxes que vous payez pour les dividendes dans le mĂȘme dialogue sur les dividendes). Ensuite, vous comptabilisez un achat (dans ce cas, vous avez comptabilisĂ© un achat parce que l’argent des dividendes est allĂ© sur votre compte et que vous voulez que cet argent soit versĂ© dans les actions).
[traduit de l’anglais au français avec Deepl. com]

Hallo starr974,

outbound delivery and inbound delivery is similar to a sale or a purchase, respectively.
The difference is that with outbound or inbound delivery the transaction does not go through the account.

For both, outbound delivery or sale you are being asked for the taxes due for the transaction, same as for the charges.

Typically you get dividends, for these dividends you pay taxes. For the rest your broker automatically buys new shares.
For you it means you book dividends (you also book the taxes you pay for the dividends in the same dividends dialogue). After that you book a purchase (In this case you have book a purchase because the money from the dividends went to your account and you want this money to go into the shares).

I see,

Ok, but otherwise,this ETF has fees which are deducted by removing „share“

Do i need to use „Outbound delivery“?

Je vois,
si le courtier vend une partie de l’ETF afin de couvrir les frais, vous devriez vendre (pas de outbound delivery) le montant de l’ETF (y compris les taxes s’il y en avait) et les frais comptables par la suite.

Cela reprĂ©sente la situation telle qu’elle est en rĂ©alitĂ©.
[traduit de l’anglais au français avec Deepl. com]

I see,
if the broker sells some portion of the ETF in order to cover fees you should sell (not outbound delivery) the amount of ETF (including taxes if there were some) and book fees thereafter.

This represents the situation as it is in reality.
[translated from English to French with Deepl. com]

Ok, i understand, but in reality, i didn’t sell any portion of my ETF.

The broker (in fact, it’s in a „Assurance Vie“) take some little portion of the ETF World for annual Taxe.

If i sell some portions, for simulate the Taxes, so i will have PV/MV and i risk to have bad results in PP , you don’t think?

I would like to use PP with good practices :slight_smile:

And last question : to understand well about „outbound delivery and inbound delivery“: In which case to use „outbound delivery and inbound delivery“ ?

Thanks again for your precious help

Hey starr974,

pouvez-vous décrire comment fonctionne exactement la réservation de votre courtier ?

J’ai un plan d’épargne avec un courtier pour lequel celui-ci prĂ©lĂšve Ă©galement une partie de l’ETF pour couvrir ses frais. Toutefois, en rĂ©alitĂ©, le courtier vend une partie de ce fonds qui vaut exactement le montant des frais (plus les taxes). L’argent va pratiquement sur mon compte, mais Ă  l’étape suivante, le courtier prĂ©lĂšve immĂ©diatement ses frais sur mon compte. Je ne vois pas l’inscription sur mon compte, mais c’est la façon dont vous le feriez en PP afin d’ĂȘtre prĂ©cis avec tous vos revenus, impĂŽts et frais.

Le courtier doit vous donner un rapport sur ce qu’il fait exactement. Mon courtier me dit combien de titres il a vendus et à quel prix par action.

Vous devriez voir qu’en examinant les avoirs de votre ETF, ils devraient ĂȘtre plus Ă©levĂ©s avant que le courtier ne facture ses frais. En Allemagne du moins, il s’agit d’une vente qui relĂšve de la lĂ©gislation fiscale.

Pour autant que je comprenne votre problĂšme.

Vous pouvez utiliser la inbound delivery ou la outbound delivery partout oĂč vous utiliseriez buy ou sell. Comme dĂ©crit ci-dessus, outbound delivery ou inbound delivery contournent le compte. Buy ou sell ne contournent pas le compte.
Il y a des cas pour lesquels buy et sell sont plus pratiques, par exemple dans votre cas comme dĂ©crit ci-dessus : Dans le cas du PP, les frais et les taxes doivent provenir d’un compte. Si vous aviez enregistrĂ© une oubound delivery des avoirs, le compte serait vide et les frais ou taxes seraient nĂ©gatifs (ce qui n’influencerait pas votre performance). Il en va de mĂȘme pour les dividendes qui sont rĂ©investis : les dividendes en PP doivent provenir d’un compte. Sur ces gains, vous pouvez acheter de nouvelles actions, ce qui permet d’éviter que le compte n’enregistre une croissance des dividendes en PP.

Les donnĂ©es initiales en PP, telles que le placement des transactions historiques en PP, peuvent simplement ĂȘtre effectuĂ©es en tant que inbound delivery.

Dans le cas d’une inbound delivery ou outbound delivery, le comportement est identique à celui d’un buy ou d’une sell.

Cela explique-t-il les choses ?
[traduit de l’anglais au français par Deepl. com]

Hey starr974,

can you describe how exactly the booking of your broker works?

I have a savings plan with a broker for which the broker also takes a portion from the ETF to cover its fees. However, in reality what the broker does is to sell a portion of that ETF which is worth exatly the amount of the fees (plus taxes). The money virtually goes into my account but in the next step the broker immediately takes its fees from my account. I do not see the booking to and from my account, however, this is the way you would do it in PP in order be precise with all your earnings, taxes and fees.

The broker should give you a report of what exactly it is doing. My broker tells me how much of the holdings it sold for which price per share.

You should see that by looking at the holdings of your ETF, they should be higher before the broker charges its fees. At least in Germany this is a sale and falls under the tax laws.

So far as I understand your problem.

You can use inbound delivery or outbound delivery everywhere where you would use buy or sell. As described above outbound or inbound delivery bypass the account. Buy or sell do not bypass the account.
There are cases for which buy and sell are more convenient, e.g. in your case as described above: In PP fees and taxes have to come from an account. If you would have booked an outbound delivery of the holdings the account would be emty and with the fees or taxes would go to negative (which would not influence your performance). Same with dividends which are reinvested, dividends in PP need an account. From those earnings you can buy new shares best preventing the account to grow dividend by dividend in PP.

Initial data in PP such as putting historic transactions into PP simply can be done as inbound delivery.

Perfomancewise inbound or outbound delivery exactly behave like buy or sell respectivley.

Did that explain things?

Thank you very much for these very clear explanations

it’s now much clearer :slight_smile:

De rien ! Glad I could help

Hey starr974,

just for your information, there is a new version of PP which now supports French.

Bonne journee

Hi Harry,

Really? Oh! very good new for today!!

I need to download new version?

I’m at my work now, i will see that tonight!

I thinked about that last time (i hope they will do a translation in french for this good soft!)

Thanks a lot for this news :slight_smile:

Have a good day.

Just start PP an your PC. PP will recognize itself that there is a new version and installs it for you.

Take care

Nice!
I’m hurry to test that tonight :slight_smile: :slight_smile: