Version 0.60.1 / 29 December 2022
I wish everyone a happy new year. This version contains mainly bug fixes that have accumulated. I hope there is a bug that annoyed you
- Improvement: Direct navigation from Dashboard diagram to the underlying view
- Improvement of PDF Importer: MLP Bank
- Fix: Fixes a problem where the heatmaps with monthly returns or investments were not recalculated after a change of the reporting currency
- Fix: Fixes a problem where the tooltip in the pie chart did not show the classification if the security was split between multiple classifications
- Fix: fixes a problem where notes on an account were not displayed when the statement of assets was filtered
- Fix: fixes a problem with the sorting of names containing special characters or umlauts
- Fix: Fixes a problem when totaling payments per quarter or per year when the option “only one year” was selected in the monthly view
- Fix: fixes a problem when a filter is selected for the donut chart of classifications on the dashboard
- Fix: Fixes a problem when calculating the internal rate of return if the period contains very long (> 10 years) “blank spaces”
Version 0.60.2 / 11 January 2023
A couple more small bug fixes…
- Improvement of PDF importers: Simpel S.A., 1822 Direkt, Easybank AG, Baader Bank, Yuh, Degiro, Wealthsimple, Bondora
- New: Trading calendar of the Brazilian stock exchange
- Fix: Fixes a problem with the calculation of the IRR if there is no valuation or transaction in the given reporting period
- Fix: Fixes a problem with CSV export of chart data: instead of the security name an internal GUID was displayed
Version 0.61.0 / 5 February 2023
This update updates PP to Java 17 and Eclipse 2022-12. The online update may take longer. If you have problems with the permissions in the file system under Windows, I recommend you to reinstall PP with the Windows Installer.
New: Chinese translation
Many thanks to Jiahao Li for the translation. Currently there are over 2200 terms to translate - and more are added all the time.
New: Filter under “All transactions”
Looking for a specific transaction? There are now more detailed filters under “All bookings”. Many thanks to @RomanLangrehr for the enhancement.
And other improvements
- Improved PDF importers: Smartbroker, Vanguard, FlatEx, sbroker, DKB, Trade Republic, EBase, comdirect, ING, Postbank, Raiffeisenbank, Consorsbank, Degiro, Tiger Brokers, Lime Trading Corp, Yuh, Quirin - as always many thanks to @Nirus for the many enhancements
- Fix: Bookmarks are now sorted by language, respecting the umlaut
- Fix: Improved error message if a “Description” widget does not contain valid HTML
Version 0.61.1 / 21 February 2023
I love open source. With this version (hopefully) some bugs are fixed that we could find by working together on the code and in the forum. The deadlock is hopefully fixed - but I need your confirmation on that. The CSV data is also exported correctly for postings - very strange bug. And also NAS should respect the write lock and not corrupt the files anymore.
New: Translation into Danish
Thank you very much Arthur Madsen!
- New: Context menu to duplicate a security
- Improvement of PDF importers: Tiger Broker, DKB, Consorsbank, Degiro, ING, Baader Bank, Suresse Direkt Bank, OnVista
- Improvement: Open bookmarks for up to 10 securities
- Improvement: When saving the file, a file lock is set so that network-attached storage (NAS) does not synchronize the file too early
- Fix: Fixes (hopefully) a deadlock when importing PDF files
- Fix: Fixes a problem where wrong (old) date values were exported when exporting CSV files
- Fix: Fixes a problem where fees were not taken into account when viewing before taxes
- Fix: Fixes a problem with colored texts that could not be read by a screen reader
- Fix: fixes a problem where table rows were not displayed when resizing the window
- Fix: Fixes a problem with missing line breaks in tooltips for note fields
Version 0.61.4 / 14 March 2023
A couple of improvements - in particular of the PDF document import:
- Improvement: Multi-national currencies XAF, XCD, XDR, XOF, XPF
- Improvement: €STR/EONIA as combined quote provider
- Improvement of PDF importers: Consorsbank, DAB, Dkb, Smartbroker, Easybank, Bondora, Onvista, Targobank
Version 0.62.0 / 1 April 2023
PP turned 11 years old yesterday. Awesome. Thanks to all of you for the many ideas and the patience when it hangs here and there.
New: Performance widget shows the top and bottom 5 positions in the tooltip.
The performance calculation on the dashboard now shows as the tooltip the positions that are responsible for the price gains, returns, etc… If there are many positions, then the top 5 and bottom 5 are displayed.
- Improvement of PDF importers: FlatEx, sbroker, Deka, Raiffeisenbank, Consorsbank, Bondora, Vanguard, Yuh
- Improvement: The table of account transactions can be extended by columns with taxes and fees
- Improvement: New hints why no price chart is shown, e.g. because no quotes exist or because the chart only shows the period for the holdings but there are no holdings
- Improvement: The JSON quote provider can be configured with a factor that will be applied to the loaded quotes
- Improvement: Save the last import directories for PDF import, CSV import and CSV export independently
- Improvement: New date format for CSV import YYYY-MM
- Improvement: Option to export the security prices in the display currency
- Fix: Fixes a problem when editing account entries in the table view that led to double display of entries
- Fix: Fixes a problem when entering new transactions when the “Payments” view contains filtered accounts
Version 0.62.1 / 7 May 2023
Various improvements - especially for the PDF imports. A big thank you goes to @stoeggich who has provided many sample documents for the Deka and StarMoney Importer. Many thanks And of course to @Nirus who has poured the whole thing into code.
- Improvement of PDF Importers: Merkur Privatbank, Swissquote, ING Diba, StarMoney, FlatEx, Deka, Trade Republic, Baader Bank, sbroker, Raiffeisenbank
- Improvement: more precise instructions on how to contribute PDF texts to the PDF Importer development
- Improvement: sorting in the dashboard widget that shows securities whose deadline has been reached
- Improvement: within the booking dialogs you can now not only add values but also subtract them
- Fix: fixes a problem with performance calculation when taxes were entered for an interest payment
- Fix: Fixes a problem with the AlphaVantage quote supplier caused by the premium offer
- Fix: Dialog for opening files note the file extension even on operating systems that distinguish between upper and lower case in file names
Version 0.63.0+1 / 4 June 2023
New: Dashboard widgets to evaluate earnings (dividends and interest)
On the dashboard there are a few new widgets to get an overview of dividends and interest. New are the small charts by month, quarter and year. In addition, there is a new overview of the bookings. In the dashboard you can interactively switch between years.
In the dialog for creating a new dashboard, you can now also select a template that has a few of the widgets directly in the belly:
New: in the price chart you can optionally display an additional percentage axis
Via the settings, another Y-axis with the percentage changes can be displayed:
Other improvements and bug fixes
- Improvement of PDF importers: PostFinance, Raiffeisenbank, Trade Republic, JustTrade, Stake, DEKA, FlatEx, sBroker, StarMoney, Solarisbank, Erste Bank, Yuh, Swissquote, MerkusPrivatBank, DAB, Baader
- Enhancement: IB-Flex Query Importer supports more transactions
- Fix: Fixes a problem where data series were incorrectly marked as "Benchmark
Version 0.64.0 / 17 June 2023
New: Annual overview of earnings (dividends and interest) with distributions per month
Under “Payments” there is a new overview of monthly postings. Usually you select dividends or interest payments, but of course this works for all transactions like taxes and fees as well.
In the lower information area you will see the matching entries when you click on a month. You can open the information area as before with Ctrl-L or Command-L (depending on the operating system). The bookings are also shown in the tooltip when you move the mouse over the month.
The information area can also be opened via the menu:
Improvement: tooltip at the yields use the whole screen and always show the total line
With a lot of dividends and interest, the previous tooltip did not behave well. With this version, the tooltip uses the whole screen to show as much data as possible. And if this is still not enough, the tooltip will make sure that the sum row will be displayed in any case.
In addition, the details are also displayed at the bottom of the information area. This list is then complete, can be sorted, and has context menus to trigger further actions.
Other improvements and bug fixes
- New: Update of the Eclipse framework to version 2022-06
- Improvement of the PDF importers: Santander Consumer Bank, FlaTex, Selfwealth FNZ, sBroker
- Fix: Fixes a problem where PP did not remember the last import directory correctly under Windows
Version 0.64.1 / 25 June 2023
Small improvements and fixes
- Improvement: creation of new objects (securities, classification) from the menu
- Improvement of PDF importers: Baader Bank, JustTrade
- Fix: adaptation of translations
Version 0.64.2 (+0.64.3) / 14 July 2023
A summer update with a few new functionalities and bug fixes (Yahoo Finance to download the latest price should work again).
Filter configurations are now stored in the XML file
Filters can be used to group any accounts and deposits together and filter all postings by these accounts only. Previously, these configurations were not stored in the file itself, but in the settings (i.e. the “settings” file). With this update, they will be migrated to the file. This makes it easier to synchronize the configurations between computers and to edit them better (until now you had to re-add a data series based on a filter to the charts after each change - this is no longer necessary).
If you use PP on multiple computers with the same file, the filters will be imported from the computer where the file is opened first with the new version.
New: MACD indicator in the price chart
MACD stands for Moving Average Convergence/Divergence indicator. User daveln has added MACD as an indicator to PP. Thanks a lot.
New: the Measurement Tool is now active for everyone
Until now, the Measurement Tool was hidden behind the “activate experimental functions” button. It is still slow on some computers, but seems to be good enough for most installations.
In the chart with historical prices, you can activate it via the toolbar or the context menu:
In the other diagrams it is also available from the context menu:
Various improvements and bug fixes.
- Improvement of PDF importers: LGT Bank, sBroker, Bondora, FlatEx, Trade Republic, Vanguard
- Improvement: More possibilities to create new instruments (securities, crypto currencies, etc): via keyboard shortcut Ctrl-N, via the (+) symbol next to “Securities” in the page navigation
- Improvement: Tables from the tooltips remember the column widths
- Improvement: tooltip for yields per year now contains all years
- Improvement: columns with the ticker symbol in the classifications
- Fix: Update of latest price via Yahoo Finance is fixed
Version 0.64.5 / 23 July 2023
A couple fixes and improvements for the PDF importer
- Fix: Fixed an issue where new securities were mistakenly added to the watchlist of another file.
- Fix: New securities are now created in the reporting currency when the provider does not provide currency information.
- Improved PDF importer for GENO, sBroker, FlatEx, FFB, DKB, Deutsche Bank.
Version 0.65.0 / 14 August 2023
Introducing a new “crosshair” tool available in the price charts
The new “Crosshair” tool can be used to mark and evaluate the exact coordinates in the course diagram. Many thanks to @OnkelDok for this (and other) contributions.
Improvements when importing data from PDF documents
- New: Suggestions of providers for historical prices for freshly imported securities from PDF or CSV files
- New: Newly recognized securities can be assigned to existing securities during PDF import
The following video shows both features:
- First, a PDF file is imported. But the security cannot be matched by ISIN, WKN and other properties. In the import dialog you can fix this directly.
- If a new security is added within the importer, PP now tries to find historical prices for it. In the first step Portfolio Report is used. It searches for ISIN, WKN or ticker symbol.
Pie chart of earnings (dividends, interest) by taxonomy
There is a new widget on the dashboard: the earnings of a period can be displayed grouped by classification in a pie chart. This doesn’t make sense for all taxonomies, but I found it interesting to see how dividends and interest are distributed between risky and non-risky assets.
For example, here is an analysis by region:
The widget can be found under Income → Earnings by taxonomy:
New: Added support for PDF bank documents from Sberbank Europe and BISON
@Nirus continues to expand Importer support: with this release, Sberbank Europe is supported. Many thanks for that.
Also newly added are the info reports of the BISON app. This allows to import the crypto transactions. The cryptocurrency is detected by the symbol ticker. If it is not found, a new cryptocurrency with Coingecko rate supply will be created.
Various improvements and bug fixes.
- Improvement: Date format is now automatically pre-filled during CSV import based on the current language setting
- Improvement: CSV import now supports scientific notation for numbers
- PDF Importer Enhancement: Expanded support for Raiffeisenbank, eBase, FlatEx, Quirion, Geno Broker, LGT Bank, and PostFinance
- Fix: Tooltip for calculating price gains is now limited to 50 rows
- Fix: Filter options are now properly applied when opening the list of all transactions
Version 0.65. 2 / 3 September 2023
For September an update with small improvements and bug fixes.
- New Translations: Traditional Chinese and Brazilian Portuguese
- Improvement of PDF Importer: Trade Republic, Tiger Brokers, Geno, JustTrade, OnVista, ING Diba
- Improvement: New option to skip extracting notes from PDF documents
- Improvement: Alternative symbols for benchmarks in the yield/volatility chart
- Fix: Fixes truncated labels in dialogs when a larger font size is selected
- Fix: Fixes an issue where the crosshair was not correctly placed in the saved chart
Version 0.65.3 / 4 September 2023
Unfortunately, an issue slipped through. This is the fix. Thanks for reporting and your patience.
- Fix: Fixes a problem when saving the file with reporting periods configuration embedded in the file
Version 0.65.4 / 7 Oktober 2023
This release includes various improvements and bug fixes. Many thanks to @OnkelDok for identifying and addressing some minor issues. And thank you to @Nirus for the updates in the PDF imports.
- Improvement: Updated the Eclipse Framework to version 4.29
- Improvement: Completely redesigned the Comdirect PDF Importer to support all known document types
- Improvement: The last chosen encoding for importing CSV files will be preselected
- Improvement: Improved feedback when trying to add securities that already exist
- Improvement: PDF Importer improvements for various banks: DKB, Vanguard, ebase, FNZ Bank, Wir Bank, Trade Republic, Oldenburgische Landesbank, Deutsche Bank, Baader Bank, DKB, Lime Trading, FlatEx, Geno
- Fix: Resolved an issue with reduced display of performance calculations on the dashboard
- Fix: Fixed a NullPointerException issue when classifications do not exist in a file (yet)
- Fix: Addressed an issue where not all contra entries for an account were displayed in the search
Version 0.65.5 / 4 November 2023
This is a regular maintenance release: PDF importer updated, some bug fixes, some improvements.
- New: In the “Trading Activity” widget, you can now filter data by transaction type.
- Improvement: PDF/CSV import: if multiple securities with the same ISIN, ticker symbol, or WKN exist, transactions will still be imported if only one security is active.
- Improvement: New filter in “All Transactions” to display only inbound deliveries or only outbound deliveries.
- Improvement: Optimized colors of additional information in the price chart for dark mode.
- PDF Importer improvements: comdirect, Baader Bank, Trade Republic, Tiger Brokers, Oldenburgische Landesbank, Lime Trading, SBroker, WIR Bank, FlatEx, DKB.
- Fix: Resolves an issue where tooltips were not displayed depending on the arrangement of multiple monitors.
- Fix: Resolves an issue with the display of the Return/Volatility chart when the performance of a position is infinite.
Version 0.56.6 / 11 November 2023
New: Display the number of shares held in the historical price chart
There is a new data series “shares” in the historical price chart - it shows the number of shares held over time. Have you ever reduced your position before the price really took off? Or increased the position before a phase of sideways movement? It’s not just about when you invest, but also how much.
Various improvements and fixes
- Improvement of the PDF importer: Baader Bank, WIR, VIAC, Oldenburgische Landesbank
- Fix: Fixes an problem with IllegalArgumentException errors when displaying investements and dividends