Aviva
Scheme name - ############
Scheme number - ##########
Account number - ##########
Contract note
Flexible Retirement Account
We’ve completed some trades for you Log in to your account
The tables below outline the details of trade(s) we’ve recently completed on
your behalf for your Flexible Retirement Account. Please read this document o Keep your personal
carefully and keep it in a safe place – you can also find it in your document details up to date
library.
o Check your account
If any of the details are wrong, please let us know using the contact details value regularly
above. o Use our handy tools to
Got any questions? see if you’re on track
If you’ve got any questions about any of this, email us or give us a call. We’re
always happy to help. We’re open Monday to Friday, 8.00 am to 5.30 pm. We will
record or monitor your calls.
We look forward to continuing to help you prepare for your future.
The Customer Team
Page 1 of 2
You have PURCHASED
Investment Name: Vanguard US Equity Index I£
Account number: ############
Order reference: ############
Execution date/time: 02 Nov 2023 21:00:00.000
Settlement date: 06/11/2023
Exchange: London Stock Exchange
Order type: VALUE
Number of units: 1.5661
Price: £638.5200
ISIN: GB00B5B74S01
SEDOL: B5B74S0
Citicode: FPD4.LN
Total Consideration £999.99
Visit aviva.co.uk/myworkplace to keep track of your money
Aviva Pension Trustees UK Limited. Registered in England No. 2407799. Registered office: Aviva, Wellington Row, York, YO90 1WR. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Firm Reference
Number 465132 Aviva Life & Pensions UK Limited. Registered in England No. 3253947. Registered office: Aviva, Wellington Row, York, YO90 1WR. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated
by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Firm Reference Number 185896 Aviva Investment Solutions UK Limited. Registered in England No. 6389025. Registered office: Aviva,
Wellington Row, York, YO90 1WR. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Firm Reference Number 515334.
Page 2 of 2

Single sell:

PDFBox Version: 1.8.16
-----------------------------------------
Your scheme helpline
Mr XXXX XXXXX 0345 604 9915
## my address, email and phone here - irrelevant ##
Visit your scheme website
aviva.co.uk/
myworkplace
Dear ########
Aviva
Contract note
your behalf for your Flexible Retirement Account. Please read this document o Keep your personal
carefully and keep it in a safe place – you can also find it in your document details up to date
library.
o Check your account
If any of the details are wrong, please let us know using the contact details value regularly
If you’ve got any questions about any of this, email us or give us a call. We’re
The Customer Team
Page 1 of 2
You have SOLD:
Investment Name: Av MyM My Future Growth
Account number: #########
Order reference: #########
Execution date: 07 Mar 2023 23:59:00.000
Settlement date: 09/03/2023
Number of units: 792.2496
Price £2.2435
Consideration: £1,777.41
Aviva Pension Trustees UK Limited. Registered in England No. 2407799. Registered office: Aviva, Wellington Row, York, YO90 1WR. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Firm Reference
Number 465132 Aviva Life & Pensions UK Limited. Registered in England No. 3253947. Registered office: Aviva, Wellington Row, York, YO90 1WR. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated
by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Firm Reference Number 185896 Aviva Investment Solutions UK Limited. Registered in England No. 6389025. Registered office: Aviva,
Wellington Row, York, YO90 1WR. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Firm Reference Number 515334.
Page 2 of 2

Two buys

Your scheme helpline
aviva.co.uk/
myworkplace
Dear ########
Aviva
Contract note
library.
o Check your account
The Customer Team
Page 1 of 2
You have PURCHASED
Investment Name: Vanguard US Equity Index I£
Account number: ###########
Order reference: ###########
Execution date/time: 30 Aug 2023 21:00:00.000
Settlement date: 01/09/2023
Number of units: 1.5399
Price: £649.4200
ISIN: GB00B5B74S01
SEDOL: B5B74S0
Citicode: FPD4.LN
Total Consideration £999.99
You have PURCHASED
Investment Name: HSBC FTSE All World Index C
Acc ##<---------- this "Acc" here is the continuation of investment name - in any case all except ISIN can be ignored I guess##
Account number: #########
Order reference: #########
Execution date/time: 30 Aug 2023 12:00:00.000
Settlement date: 04/09/2023
Number of units: 131.3900
Price: £2.5370
ISIN: GB00BMJJJF91
SEDOL: BMJJJF9
Citicode: KLDQ.LN
Total Consideration £333.34
Page 2 of 2

Buy and sell

Your scheme helpline
aviva.co.uk/
myworkplace
Dear ########
Aviva
Contract note
library.
o Check your account
The Customer Team

Page 1 of 2
You have PURCHASED
Investment Name: HSBC FTSE All World Index C
Acc ##<-- again this is the continuation of investment name, drops to newline for some reason###
Account number: ##############
Order reference: ############
Execution date/time: 27 Mar 2023 12:00:00.000
Settlement date: 30/03/2023
Number of units: 92.3400
Price: £2.3690
ISIN: GB00BMJJJF91
SEDOL: BMJJJF9
Citicode: KLDQ.LN
Total Consideration £218.75
You have SOLD
Investment Name: Vanguard US Equity Index A£
Account number: ###########
Order reference: ###########
Execution date/time: 24 Mar 2023 21:00:00.000
Settlement date: 28/03/2023
Order type: QUANTITY
Number of units: 0.0071
Price: £712.7900
ISIN: GB00B5B71Q71
SEDOL: B5B71Q7
Citicode: FPD3.LN
Consideration £5.06
Page 2 of 2

Hello @kali

I am currently editing and creating this PDF importer.

I have a question about the “Single Sell”.
I am missing the ISIN or SEDOL in the PDF debug. Is this correct or have you removed it?

Please do not delete or change any amounts or content.
Only anonymize the personal information.

If you have any other PDF debugs with taxes, fees and the like, please add them here.

Thanks Alex

Hi Alex,
Thanks for looking into this.
Unfortunately I don’t have any other contract notes that contain a single sell.

This example I’ve pasted above here is for an investment “Av MyM My Future Growth” which is an internal Aviva Fund. It is not exchange traded so I guess it does not have an ISIN or SEDOL.

Looking at all other sell formats I think it is safe to assume it will follow the same for of the sell in “buy/sell example”

but I also think it is important to not fail horribly with an exception when an ISIN/sedol does not exist.

edit: I was going to do a PR for this myself and saw all the “eclipse and related” instructions and gave up :slight_smile:

Hello @kali
If everything is OK, this importer should be included in the next release.

Regards
Alex

1 Like

Which URL are going to to get these PDF? I can’t see them on https://www.direct.aviva.co.uk/

Hi Hi @Nirus
I’ve tested it and unfortunately there is a problem. I don’t know if there will be an easy solution for this.

The instruments are denominated in GBX but the contract notes as you can see from the samples does not account for this and list all transactions in GBP currency. During the import PP tries to convert GBP → GBX and fails since there is not FX rate mentioned anywhere. I think it’d be safe to hardcode a GBX to GBP fx rate 100:1 but unsure if this is immediately available anywhere.

or may be during the import we can manually enter an FX rate?

@ms998 There is a “documents” button/link on main page (Welcome to MyAviva - Login or Register), you can find all your documents there including contract notes.

Hello @kali
I need the PDF debugging for this transaction to see what is happening and please post a screenshot of your security settings and quote provider.

Quote in GBP

Change the Quote Provider to PWP Leeway UG (Free API in Settings)
grafik

Regards
Alex

I can add the PDF debug but like I said, it is irrelevant because there is no FX information in the contract note. It is the exact same as “single buy” example above.

Problem is this security is setup as GBX and there is no way to attach this information during import. If you remember there was a very similar topic for CSV imports where in the past we did not have FX info.

Here is the setup of the security in my PP and it’s configured to retrieve from yahoo.

Hello @kali
change your quote provider… :man_shrugging:
PWP Leeway UG (Free API in Settings)

grafik

grafik

Regards
Alex

1 Like

Hi Nirus,
unsure if this PWP is your friends project or something so don’t want to offend you but it looks like a personal hobby project with a “single person company” . with 50 requests per day…

And in any case finding a source that produce quotes in a different denomination is not a substitute for actual fx rates on transaction. If it’s too much of a trouble to implement I understand and no pressure, since I’ve been manually entering these for years.

As it stands this feature is unusable.

Thanks and have a great new year.

I don’t think so. It is because security informations are very expensive. This is what you get for free. You could always buy a better package including more requests.

1 Like

I’m struggling to follow the conversation. what do you not think so? It IS a single person “company” that I never heard of until mentioned above. I looked it up and it does look like a simple hobby project. It has nothing to do with API and/or security limitations it has.

In any case the quality or the lack thereof it is orthogonal to problem described above, and side-tracking the topic.

I just wanted to explain you, that the API request limit is due to the price for security informations and quotes. It always seems, that it is for free, but if you have a look on finhub, there you are very fast at 2000$/month.

The request limit is not a technical limitation, which has to say something about the professionality of the company.

We all should be happy and thankful, that there are still free usable sources.

1 Like