PDF Imports when security is in GBX

So, UC44.L is listed in GBX (ie GBP/100). When importing from PDF, it creates a security in GBP. I can’t amend it while there are transactions associated with it. So I tried to deleting the transactions, and then amending the security definition to GBX so that the quotes it fetches are correct. However, then I get the following when importing:

Screenshot 2022-09-06 at 23.08.41

When looking at the list of currencies I can see it present, and the currency converter seems to pick up a static exchange rate (though I can’t see where/how these are set) - but it doesn’t seem to be used by PDF imports?

I found mention of a similar issue here: Convert GBP/GBX when importing from Interactive Brokers but without an answer.

Can you advise?

Many thanks!

Sorry, but there seems no easy solution.
I add the security in GBP. Then manually adjust the GBX quotes to GBP e.g. via Excel then re-import via .csv. I did not find a free source which converts the GBX prices to GBP so far. If you find such a source you would not have to adjust the share prices manually (please tell). Caveat is to work with dated prices in PP until you manually update them.

yes, my experience is also: the PDF importer does not offer static conversion to GBX when currency in the PDF is GBP.

@Nirus just wondering if you had any thoughts on this, as I haven’t found any workaround aside from going back to manual imports. Many thanks.

I’m facing the same issue (in my case when importing a flex query from IB as described here and here.

The problem is that depending on the security, yahoo finance quotes are in GBX (e.g. IAG.L) or GPB (e.g. VUKE.L). Given that most brokers’ exports include GBP, I think the easiest fix would be to be able to manually include a factor ( /100) in the quotes dialogue in PP.