Quotes from mfapi.in

Or
is it possible to import quote from here? https://api.mfapi.in/mf/143341

(143341 is the symbol code)

This is easier for me to parse.

One more question: do you have/need an API key? And would it be possible to add the API key to the URL configuration? Or is the API key changing?

(The table extraction does not work here because a) the tables are created dynamically in JavaScript and not for PP to detect and b) there are anyway multiple tables - so which one to pick).

1 Like

Hey… is there any further progress on this one? Thanks

@aatulgupta no updates.
any other way to update quotes?

Why you’re not using the already existing JSON quote feed?

Last couple of days, Quandl has not updated. I have sent a feedback to quandl, no reply yet.
So, searching for an alternative.

You could import the mfapi.in JSON data as mentioned via the JSON quote feed. There is no really a demand on a specific quote provider.

1 Like

Ok. just checking it. Thank you.

Just found out about this good open source tool. based on this thread - wondering if its possible to configure it for india based mutual funds?

Hey,
yes. initially need some work to set it up. manually enter all the existing holdings.
updating quotes is possible using json - mfapi.in

Thanks @rncb for quick response. would you mind laying down some steps to configure? i have played around for around 2-3 hours, including reviewing how to steps, have got general sense that one time set up is needed. what i am really looking for is a way to assign funds to a goal n help track progress vis a vis allocation ? is that feasible? can that be done through asset allocation and customizing taxonomy? do you mind sharing your feedback based on your usage so far and do you think it worth pursuing further ( no disrespect to the community n developers who have built this very good open source tool)

Hey,
Assigning goals, tracking, customizing taxonomy possible.
to start with create new taxonomy, name goals etc…
create instrument, get the code from mfapi, assign taxanomy, set up update, enter existing holdings.

The developers are doing a wonderful job.

The only concern is availability updation of quotes. Already changed two source of quotes, the recent one being mfapi; this was also down for few days. No updation.
What if similar thing happens and quote updates are not available in future?

(For safer side, having Google sheet as a backup; just portfolio updation. No goal settings etc…)

Would be good as a wiki.

Thanks @rncb . figured out these steps. i am able to set up/configure Yahoo Finance as quote provider. however some of the mutual funds like ABSL n some regular funds couldnt be found. couldnt figure out way to configure MFAPI, also how JSON is configured etc. some other Qs i have is why XIRR as return metric not used. is there a way to customize charts, calcs n mappings e.g. Transaction Type has Buy n Sell etc… what if i want configure it to reflect SIP, STPs etc. other than that i cant help but just admire all the effort gone into building this wonderful too.

Yahoo quote is reliable, but not all funds available.
SIP can be done from ‘investment plan’. STP is not available.
charts cannot be customized.
XIRR is available, but TWR is primariy being used in this. Discussions above xirr vs twr, available in the forum.