Share Value - Receivers Appointed

I have a holding where receivers have been appointed and my best guess is the shares have no value but PP calculations are based on the last quoted (traded) price which seems unreasonable in this instance.

What is the best way of recording this holding? If there is any return it is likely to be years away.

@flywire

Write down the investment to one euro and wait to see how the insolvency proceedings turn out.

What type of transaction is that?

@Laura means “fake the quotes”, I think

1 Like

@flywire

That’s what I mean. :smiley:

As long as the insolvency proceedings are ongoing the value of the company is zero. I would therefore devalue the investment to one euro and book it manually. IMO it’s enough if you do this once a month.

The depreciation of one euro relates to the entire investment, not to the individual securities. You must therefore divide one euro by the number of shares. The value of the individual shares is then close to zero.

1 Like

I take it the comments are speculation rather than something known to work.

This works:

1. Edit the security and set Quote Feed Provider to No automatic quote download
  2. In the All securities context menu, Quotes, Create manually, and enter a Quote at least 0.00000001.
  3. In the All securities context menu, Set security inactive

That’s still a little messy, perhaps edit the XML too:

1. Delete all quotes after last traded price
  2. Set latest to date suspended with value v="1" (maybe 0 would work here)

@flywire

No, it wasn’t speculation. It was an explanation of how an investment is depreciated in business terms and how this is shown in PP.

It is all the more useful that you have described the practical handling of depreciation in PP in detail using a specific example. :smiley:

Thank you and best regards, Laura

You can do the same with the GUI.
Bildschirmfoto_2024-03-04_17-41-30

1 Like

Thank you @Laura @ProgFriese, let’s consolidate that:

1. Edit the security and set Quote Feed Provider to No automatic quote download
  2. In the Information pane view Historical quotes, select the prices to be deleted then delete with the context menu
  3. In the All securities context menu, Quotes, Create manually, and enter a Quote at least 0.00000001
  4. In the All securities context menu, Set security inactive
1 Like

@flywire

It should also be added that the procedure of writing down the investment to the memo value applies for the duration of the insolvency proceedings.

Once the insolvency proceedings have been concluded, the following should be done:

• In the case of restructuring: write up to the corresponding value
  • In the event of insolvency: write down to zero

CU, Laura

1 Like