Tab names display random characters

Hello,

All my tabs in PP are unreadable as you can see on the picture, they display random letters.

Capture d’écran 2023-02-17 172459

My language is french and it does this only on Windows 10, on MacOS it’s working nicely. Do you have any idea where it could come from ?

Thanks

Those are the file tabs? I.e. “Dlgpxgpwg” corresponds to “Welcome”, and “RQTVHQ…” to some file name?

Exactly yes. It also does the same under the graph of a stock, instead of buy/sell it goes like this :

Capture d’écran 2023-02-17 210449

Or in other tabs like this :

Capture d’écran 2023-02-17 210653

Thanks for your help

Have you tried restarting Windows? About once a year I notice the exact same issue in some random application (even native ones like Notepad, but so far never PP). Might be a corrupted font cache, and you could try clearing it, but I never bothered to investigate since a simple Windows restart reliably fixes it for me.

1 Like

Thanks, restarted and cleared the cache but the issue is still the same. Only does this on PP.

I tried to reinstall PP, use ZIP version also, cleared font cache once again, cleared registry, still does not work. Don’t know what the issue can be…

If you have any other ideas I would appreciate it. Thanks !

That’s really odd. The only other thing I can think of is to open Windows’ Fonts settings (Settings > Personalization > Fonts), then scroll through the list of fonts to see of any of them look broken as well.

For what it’s worth, you don’t seem to be the only one affected by this issue: Systemschriftart wird in Tabs nicht korrekt dargestellt

2 Likes

Good evening,

I went through all fonts and they all seem ok.

It’s like letters are messed up.

portolio this sould be “PORTFOLIO”, the O are written Q…

I haven’t seen this thread yet as it’s in german, unfortunately there is no answer.

It’s frustrating because PP is awesome.

It’s like every visible letter has been shifted two letters to the “right” - A turning into C, B into D, and so on.

I think the only font-related setting in PP itself is the one to change the font size. I guess you could try that just to see what happens.

Have you always had this issue with PP or has it occurred only recently, possibly after a PP update?

Indeed !

Changing the font size didn’t do anything.

I had this issue since I started PP a few days ago, last version (0.61.0).

Thanks again for trying to resolve the issue.

Are you also using Lexend as system font, like the user from the other thread?

I will tell you tonight, I’m away from home currently.

Same reported with Eclipse: 551965 – Tabs are garbled on fresh install
Another report to using a Google Font as system font: java - Eclipse tab titles not displayed correctly - Stack Overflow

Thanks, i will try the “classic theme” trick tonight.

Ok i thought the classic theme was in Windows but in fact it’s in Eclipse so I can’t do the trick.

Are you also using Lexend as system font, like the user from the other thread?

I’m using Segoe on Windows 10. It’s still not working.

???

Themes can be changed via Windows-> Preferences → General-> Appearance → Theme, changing them should be followed by a restart to apply them correctly.

I think there is a misunderstanding !

Themes can be changed via Windows-> Preferences → General-> Appearance → Theme, changing them should be followed by a restart to apply them correctly.

Is it Windows 10 related or PP related ?

I found that PP installed something named Eclipse but it’s not an app so I can’t reach any menus…

As i understand it, this is a pure windows setting

Ok in this case I applied the “classic” Windows 10 theme but it didn’t do anything with the issue…

If it can help, if i tick the SWTChart setting, the pie charts become also unreadable, where as with SWTCharts off, there is no problem (on pie charts only, still on tabs)

1 Like

@BlackFire can you share which font you have configured as system font?

I do not know how to do this on windows. I found this snippet - not sure if that helps

Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Fonts\Font settings

Note: I really do mean “Control Panel” and not “Settings” for this. Sigh.