Tracking P2P lending

How can I track a p2p lending investing?
In the first place I tried to handle it like real estate, meaning to add a new stock and buy 1 share and update the price with the profit/loss.
The issue starts when I am deposit or withdraw part of my investment.
I can’t buy or sell fraction of shares

@amit

You should map p2p lending as an account.

CU, Laura

Hi @amit

For P2P investments I use a separate deposit account without securities account. Invested capital added as deposit. Then you have options to add interest, fees and taxes.

3 Likes

To edit to this answer, it is up to you if you want to track interest on a daily, weekly, monthly or quarterly basis, but I think monthly is the most convenient way.

this is not regarding your question, but what do you mean by this? PP allows up to 8 decimals, so why do you think you can’t buy or sell fractions?

Correct me if I wrong, but if I manage this investment using only an account I can’t understand the performance of the investment?

You can create a separate dashboard and/or additional widgets and use filters to show only this speciffic P2P account.

Same thing with this section of PP. You can use a filter to show only interst of the specific P2P account:

3 Likes

WOW, amazing dashboard. I have so much to learn about this software.
Thanks

2 Likes

Hehe, thanks. This is a quite simple dashboard, but it shows the relevant data for me. There are many more options (widgets) and ways to make it more pretty. Here are some folks around who make much better dashboards.

@amit

CU, Laura

2 Likes

P2P Lending Investments with PP / Tutorial by Angelo Colombo