Allow dividends to be negative

I love this tool. It’s a blast to register your entire portfolio and gain valuable insights in my investment decisions.

I do have one particular issue which identified itself on two separate occasions: negative dividends, or negative intrest (not a charge!).

Bonds with clean pricing have daily interest settlement upon purchasing and selling the bond. So if you buy a bond halfway through its two intrest payout dates, you actually have to buy the accrued intrest besides the price of the bonds itself (e.g. €100 for the bond + €1 intrest in case of 2% p.a. = €101). At the end of the intrest period you get paid the entire amount (e.g. €2). Right now I have the register the €1 of intrest as „Intrest Charge“ in Portfolio Performance, but I cannot link it to the security. An example is XS1002121454.

1 Like

Hello,
I relaunch this post because I believe that the use of PP with bonds could be improved by inserting a field in the purchase mask to debit the accrued interest of the bond coupon.
Alternatively, it would also be acceptable to be able to insert it as a negative dividend.
Do you think it would be possible to include this change in a future update?

+1 on allowing dividends to be negative. In my case it would be about errors in the amount of paid out dividend by the broker/bank which was cancelled with a second negative transaction / cancellation. Right now I need to categorise this is as ‘fees’ but that’s not accurate.

Just edit the original transaction to correct it.

2 Likes

That’s indeed the manual alternative. But as I am using csv files with all historic transactions to import account transactions, it would be easier if it would allow for negative dividend. To prevent the need to disable those manually adjusted/deleted transactions in the import flow.