Stock-split and Merger

I would have a question regarding two particular issues that I am encoutering: Stock-split and Merger.

Merger
A stock that I own (stock-A) merged with a other one (stock-B) that I did not owned. I am wondering about the most apropriate way to implement that.
Option 1: Delete my buys of stock-A and add buys of stock-B at the same date, same total price as when I brought stock-A but correct the number of shares accordingly.
Option 2: Sell the shares of stock-A on the day of the merger and buy the ones of stock-B on the same date, while adjusting for little price difference.

Any suggestion?

Stock-split
So I used the option already included, which works nicely. I am also under the impression that the app, converted all the previous buy accordingly. Is that correct?

Dear elglanto,

Merger
there was a frequented discussion about merger and spin-off in this thread. Is it in German, though.

@Laura suggested to book the merger as sale of old stock and buy of new stock.

Split
PP should have asked you during the split dialogues if you want to convert the old prices. In case you said „yes“ you are correct.

Stay safe and have fun

1 Like

Thanks a lot, it was very helpful.

Hello,

I didn’t understand this topic and I need to input a split of one of my positions in the portfolio. I can’t find any option there regarding splits and there was no dialogue regarding it.

Select a security (there are many ways), right click on it then select Stock split…

1 Like

I cannot figure out how to properly do a stock split in Portfolio Manager.

In my transactions from my broker, I have the following:

So my current stock split to an A and B stock. How can I record that precisely in Portfolio Manager?

Hey Isolesen,
unfortunately I do not get it freom your screenshot.
There is a specific function in PP for a stock split. You chose a security and do the stock split. Answer the dialogues. It is a good idea to first try it in a PP-file copy.